Pages

Phil. 2:15-16 MSG

“Go out into the world uncorrupted, a breath of fresh air in this squalid and polluted society.
Provide people with a glimpse of good living and of the living God. Carry the light-giving Message into the night.”
Phil. 2:15-16 MSG

Monday, January 13, 2014

To His Arms

As my little girl fumbles out of bed in the mornings, she always walks out of her room, into the hall, to the top of the steps and I hear “Mom?”  I respond with a “I’m here” and she follows my voice and comes to me.  “Good morning baby!” and she climbs up on my lap.  Some mornings she begins jabbering right away, other mornings she wants cereal right away, and some days, admittedly my favorite ones, are when she is still sleepy and snuggles in for awhile.  These moments wont last forever but I cherish them while they are here.

Just imagine the same with our Heavenly Father.  When your not sure where to go, what do you do?  Do you go searching ever possibility in hopes to find the right one sooner rather than later?  Or do you call out to God and ask Him where He is?  God’s will for our lives is where He is, He will guide us but we have to stay with Him.  As we call out to Him He will answer.  I love the visual of when we find His Presence, Him looking down on us in delight and reaching His arms towards us.  How precious is that time spent on His lap.  Some days we go to Him telling Him about all our hurts and hopes and other days we can be demanding what it is we want.  But how sweet are the days when we crawl on His lap, rest our weary heads and simply receive His love.

Do you need to find Him today?  Call out to Him, He will answer and then go running to His embrace!  You are precious to Him and He loves you so much more than you can fathom!


“Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.”  Psalm 143:8 

“I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you.”  
Psalm 32:8


“You are good when there’s nothing good in me
You are love on display for all to see
You are light when the darkness closes in
You are hope, you have covered all my sin
You are peace when my fear is crippling
You are true even in my wandering
You are joy, the reason that I sing
You are life in you death as lost its sting.
I’m running to Your arms, I’m running to Your arms, the riches of Your love will always be enough, Light of the world forever reign.
You are more than my words will ever say
You are Lord, all creation will proclaim
You are here, in Your presence I’m made whole
You are God, of all else I‘m letting go.
I’m running to Your arms, I’m running to Your arms, the riches of Your love will always be enough, Light of the world forever reign.
My heart will sing no other name, Jesus, Jesus.”

“Forever Reign” by Hillsong

No comments:

Post a Comment