Pages

Phil. 2:15-16 MSG

“Go out into the world uncorrupted, a breath of fresh air in this squalid and polluted society.
Provide people with a glimpse of good living and of the living God. Carry the light-giving Message into the night.”
Phil. 2:15-16 MSG

Monday, January 13, 2014

OBX 2011: Gods Gifts and Blessings

One of my favorite things to do at the beach was to watch the sunrise.  Each morning Randy and I would head to the beach, I would pick shells and read my Bible while Randy would fish.  It was when I could listen and hear God clearly.  The birds were singing, the deer were grazing in the dunes, and the beach was empty of people.  The dolphins were swimming close to shore and the pelicans were busy surfing the waves.   His creation was pure and unaltered.  I truly believe the mornings are God’s gift to those who seek Him.  The mornings are when the earthly things (people, their busyness, traffic, distractions) are quiet and the beauty of God’s natural creation is most prevalent.

At the beginning of the week the sky was filled with haze, which hid the rising sun.  Nevertheless it was a beautiful and quiet time.  One morning, Randy told me to hurry and get ready because the sky was clear.  We got to the beach just in time to see a beautiful, magnificent sunrise!  I almost missed it because I didn’t want to wake up.

How often do we nearly miss God’s blessings and gifts to us because we aren’t spiritually awake?  I wish everyone, even myself, could understand and see that there are blessings every day.  In those hard days when trials lie among us, we have to allow God to guide us and put our trust in Him.  On the good days, we must also make sure we are not losing sight of Him and His will for us.  God has so much in store for us if our eyes and hearts remain open to Him!

“I love those who love me, and those who seek me early and diligently shall find me.”  
Proverbs 8:17

“I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.”  John 10:10

No comments:

Post a Comment