Pages

Phil. 2:15-16 MSG

“Go out into the world uncorrupted, a breath of fresh air in this squalid and polluted society.
Provide people with a glimpse of good living and of the living God. Carry the light-giving Message into the night.”
Phil. 2:15-16 MSG

Monday, January 13, 2014

New Life

As I walked toward my front door I noticed a single yellow bud coming from the ground.  It was a pleasant sight among seemingly dead bushes.  Then I happened to notice that those bushes, at a closer look were covered in buds.  I walked around the side of the house, looking closely at each plant and bush, discovering that they were all ready to burst.  Each year I anxiously await this moment of finding that my plants have survived and will bloom again.  I guess it should be expected of them, but I still wait in anticipation each time.  It continually amazes me how those bare winter branches, that look dead, can suddenly shoot forth new life each spring.  Each year becoming more fuller than the last.  As I sat on my porch steps and looked at the dark purple colored branches, covered in small red buds, God reminded me of the amazing way He brings life out of what seems to be death.  His Only Son, suffered death on the cross.  What seemed to be the end of life for all who stood by.  But, God raised Jesus from the tomb giving us each the opportunity for new life, life eternal.

That same God, who had the power to raise Jesus and seat him at His right hand is alive and working in us this day.  The same God loves you, sees you and is working on your behalf!  Think of all those buds I saw, signs of new life among the seemingly dead.  God is creating new life in your seemingly dead circumstances.  Cling to Him, follow Him and wait for His perfect timing when He will burst open a new breathe of life into yours!

“I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full”  John 10:10

“So then just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness…you have been given fullness in Christ, who is the head over every power and authority.  In him you were also circumcised, in the putting off of the sinful nature, not with a circumcision done by the hands of men but with the circumcision don’t by Christ, having been buried with him in baptism and raised with him through your faith in the power of God, who raised him from the dead.  When you were dead in your sins…God made you alive with Christ.”  Colossians 2:6-7,10-13

No comments:

Post a Comment