Pages

Phil. 2:15-16 MSG

“Go out into the world uncorrupted, a breath of fresh air in this squalid and polluted society.
Provide people with a glimpse of good living and of the living God. Carry the light-giving Message into the night.”
Phil. 2:15-16 MSG

Monday, January 13, 2014

Restored Hope

“Mama look at this tiny little egg.  I found it and it’s broken.”

There stood my little boy holding a tiny bird egg that had fallen from it’s nest.  He held it for a moment and looked at it lovingly as he told me that this would have been a baby bird.  A few days later, he came to me with another broken egg.  Again, his heart was saddened.  I asked him where he found the egg and as he told me, I realized that I walked past the place he found it several times those days but never noticed the small, broken shell.  As I thought about him and the thoughtfulness in which he cared for these broken eggs, I realized that the tiny eggs represented something that was once hoped for.  I imagined that mama bird as she prepared the nest for her eggs.  How long it had taken her to gather the materials and weave them with her small beak.  Once the eggs were tucked in her nest, she would spend her day sitting on them, waiting and hoping for what she had been preparing for.  But for these two little eggs, something that was once hoped for was now lost.

My heart knows just how the moment feels when you lose what you had spent days and weeks preparing for.  A hope that those around me passed by and didn’t seem to recognize.  But in those times when my hurting heart cried for someone to notice, cried for someone to hold me and heal me - my dear Heavenly Father, just like my sweet boy did for that mama bird, held my precious hope in the palms of His loving hands.

Whatever may seem broken or lost for you today and when you feel like everyone else is passing by - know that your Heavenly Father sees you, He hears you and He is pouring out His grace and mercy into your broken heart.

I hear the singing of birds outside my window and I am reminded of our God’s faithfulness.  As my Savior holds my dear ones on His lap now, I am blessed with two healthy and wonderful children to hold on mine.  God is good.  He restores our broken hope so that we may sing a new song of praise!

“Sing to the LORD a new song, for he has done marvelous things”  Psalm 98:1

No comments:

Post a Comment