Pages

Phil. 2:15-16 MSG

“Go out into the world uncorrupted, a breath of fresh air in this squalid and polluted society.
Provide people with a glimpse of good living and of the living God. Carry the light-giving Message into the night.”
Phil. 2:15-16 MSG

Monday, January 13, 2014

A Not-so-Simple Simple Answer

I must admit that as the calendar turned to November, a minor panic set in at how quickly the time is coming for us to meet our baby boy.  He is due the beginning of January and we all know how quickly the holiday season passes.  I have a short list of things that need accomplished or purchased before our little one arrives on the scene but it seems as though time is slipping through the hour glass faster than I had planned.  Having two toddlers, home schooling our oldest and the physical limitations on my growing body are working against me as well.  So what is a Mama to do?  The answer seems simple:

Trust in God and rely on His strength.  Right?!

Although that is the right answer for our varying circumstances, I feel it’s safe to say that it isn’t the “simple” answer.  The thought of it may be simple, but living it out and applying it generally doesn’t come easily for any of us.  This is an area where the true level of our faith is revealed.  Faith is defined as confidence, trust, reliance and belief.  Think about each of those words and how you can apply them to your situation.

Am I confident that God’s plan for my life is good?

Do I trust Him to bring forth that plan no matter how the journey getting there may look?

Am I relying on Him for strength and provisions?

Do I believe that God is Who He says He is (Almighty, Compassionate Father, Provider, All-Knowing, Shepherd, Truth, Constant, Good, Perfect Love, Savior, Comforter, Sovereign…)? Do I believe that God can do what He says He can do?

Believing God for this baby He has blessed us with and trusting Him every step of this pregnancy was something I had to be intentional about and has not always been easy.  Purposely confronting my fears with His Truth.   Rejecting any doubt of His plan even if it did not and does not come to pass as I may wish.  Choosing every day to embrace and deeply love the life growing inside my womb.  Choosing to lean on Him for His Strength to get me through each day.  Looking to Him for comfort, rest, patience and grace.






Where does this season of life find you?  What circumstances are swirling around you, beyond anything you are capable of controlling?  How has your faith been revealed?  Read over the definitions of faith and the questions above one more time and apply them to your situation and your heart.    

It may not be easy but placing ourselves and our circumstances in the hands of the only Capable Helper is the best choice we can make.  It is also a choice that takes intention and purposefulness on our behalf to apply and live out.  I can assure you that there is no better answer to your question “What am I to do?” than to trust in God and rely on His Strength.

“God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.”  Psalm 46:1

“He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young.” Isaiah 40:11

“The LORD is the everlasting God…He will not grow tired and weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.  He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.”  Isaiah 40:28-29

“We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him…” Romans 8:28

No comments:

Post a Comment