Pages

Phil. 2:15-16 MSG

“Go out into the world uncorrupted, a breath of fresh air in this squalid and polluted society.
Provide people with a glimpse of good living and of the living God. Carry the light-giving Message into the night.”
Phil. 2:15-16 MSG

Monday, January 13, 2014

The Narrator

This evening the kids and I curled up on the couch to watch Planet Earth.  It was one of Peyton’s favorite episodes, so of course his questions were coming as fast as the scenes were changing.  With every image on the screen he had to know each detail and how and why it was the way it was!  Most of his questions I didn’t have answers to, but the narrator did, if only he’d stay quiet long enough to hear him speak.  I tried again and again to quiet his racing mind with no such luck.  His dad always says “he sleeps like me and thinks like you!” in which he is right.  I know just how it feels to have more questions than there are answers.  I know what it’s like to feel the need to know why and how things happen.  I’m not satisfied with surface answers, I need details and so does my little boy.  Tonight as I encouraged my boy to be silent long enough to hear the narrator, I was reminded of the Narrator of my story - God.  There are many times when my mind races with questions and observations, but chances are, if I would silence myself long enough, I would be able to hear God’s answer.

What is it that you’re asking God?  What is it that you’re emptying your brain trying to figure out?  Or are you like me and find this to be a normal process?!  Take time to be still and listen.  Then you can watch as the Narrator unfolds the story right before you!

“Be still, and know that I am God…”  Psalm 46:10

No comments:

Post a Comment