Pages

Phil. 2:15-16 MSG

“Go out into the world uncorrupted, a breath of fresh air in this squalid and polluted society.
Provide people with a glimpse of good living and of the living God. Carry the light-giving Message into the night.”
Phil. 2:15-16 MSG

Monday, January 13, 2014

Prepare - A Journey of Incredible Faith

A few months ago I  was able to take a back row seat to an incredible faith journey.  I found an old friend on face book who was going through the process of adopting a child from Uganda.  The couple has regularly been updating their friends and family though face book and their blog.  Yesterday, as I saw an update, I noticed her profile picture on face book was changed.  It was the image of their baby’s nursery.  This picture spoke so clearly to and deeply within my heart.  The photo of that nursery was a sign of preparation and promise.  They have done all they can do and are faithfully waiting for God to give them the promise of a new life that will fill the beautiful nursery they have prepared.  When we are following God’s will for our life, we will often times come across a time when the promise is so much bigger than ourselves that we must fully give it to God to see it come to pass.  For them, this has been one of those times.  I have had the privilege of seeing the pictures and hearing the updates as they have faithfully washed clothes, put together a crib, and decorated the room with giraffes.  I can only imagine how much more their faith in and love for God has been increased during this part of their journey.  In only a few short days they will be on a flight to meet their heart-born child.  The time has come to fill the room and the preparation has paid off.

“Prepare” has been the word that the Lord is laying on my heart this week through my prayers.  This isn’t the first time the Lord has spoken that word to me.  The last time it went on for a few months, the continual answer I would get during my prayer was “prepare”.  I did so, not knowing exactly what it was I would be preparing for.  Then, after a few months, Anne came to me with the opportunity to join her in ministry.  That was what the Lord wanted me to prepare for.  Had I not been preparing for months, I would have not been ready when the door of opportunity came open.

Recently, I find myself in the same place.  “Prepare” is the word that is laid on my heart.  When I saw that nursery, it was as though God was clearly telling me to prepare myself for the new life He is about to bring to us.  The couple put together the crib, placed adorable giraffes around, washed and folded clothing out of faith that God would come through and provide His promise to them.  Can you imagine what it would be like to bring a baby home to a house and a heart that is unprepared?  Is it possible that without preparation, God would not deliver their promise in the time that He has?

My question for you is this:  Has God laid a promise on your heart?  If so, what are you doing with that promise?  Have you tucked it away, waiting for God to answer?  Or have you begun the preparation process?  The word prepare means to take necessary action to put something into a state where it is fit for use or action, or for a particular event or purpose ; to put somebody or yourself into a suitable physical or mental state to do or experience; to provide somebody or something with the necessary equipment for an activity.  Think about those definitions.  Notice the italicized words - they are words of action, things we must do.  

I don’t have the answers to what the promise is that God has laid on my heart, but I know I need to prepare for it.  I ask that if God has laid a promise on your heart, no matter how big or small, that you may prepare for it.  Prepare your “nursery”, your heart, for the promise of the new life God will provide to fill it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment