Pages

Phil. 2:15-16 MSG

“Go out into the world uncorrupted, a breath of fresh air in this squalid and polluted society.
Provide people with a glimpse of good living and of the living God. Carry the light-giving Message into the night.”
Phil. 2:15-16 MSG

Monday, January 13, 2014

My Soul Magnifies the Lord

In the spirit of Christmas I have been reading the account of Christ’s birth in the gospel of Luke.  The angel Gabriel came to Mary and said “…you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son, and shall call His name Jesus.  He will be great, and will be called Son of the Highest…and of His kingdom there will be no end.”  (Luke 1:31-33)   Shortly after the angel came to her I found a set of verse titled “The Song of Mary”.  These verses seemed to leap off the page right into my heart.  “My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior…For He who is mighty has done great things for me and holy is His name…”  (Luke 1:46,49)  I read on through the birth of Christ and to the shepherd’s returning from seeing the newborn King.  “Then the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen…” (Luke 2:20)  Christmas is a time to celebrate the birth of Christ, our Savior.  I believe that these verses hold the answer of what that type of “celebration“ should look like for us.  Like Mary, we should glorify our God and let our spirits rejoice for the great things He has done!  Like the shepherds, we should glorify and praise Him for all the things we have heard and seen God do!  As I began to think about this I realized how truly great and mighty God has been in our lives this past year.  I began to praise Him for all the things we heard and saw Him do.

I pray that you have a Christmas season that magnifies our great and wonderful Savior!  May the new year bring you abundant blessings and even more reasons to rejoice in His name!  

“For unto us a child is born, unto us a Son is given…And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.”  Isaiah 9:6

No comments:

Post a Comment