Pages

Phil. 2:15-16 MSG

“Go out into the world uncorrupted, a breath of fresh air in this squalid and polluted society.
Provide people with a glimpse of good living and of the living God. Carry the light-giving Message into the night.”
Phil. 2:15-16 MSG

Monday, January 13, 2014

Singing His Praises

This morning as I sat on my porch swing I couldn’t help but notice the birds singing all around me.  This is one of my favorite things about the summertime - waking up to hear the birds sing.  As I listened to them this morning, I thought “are we singing praises to God?”

How often are we complaining to God about our current situation?  How often are we going to Him looking for help or an answer?  We can easily get caught up in our problems, big and small, and forget one of the most important things - giving God thanks and praise.  It is essential that we praise God and give him thanks for the blessings He puts in our lives.  God already knows all of our thoughts, our worries, our fears, yet we insist on repeating them and pondering about them and essentially giving them a voice.  Why?  If we fully trust God and completely rely on Him, we should be at ease and know he will defend us and protect us from the enemy.  When we have a problem, we should give it to God and then let it go.  

Today I am going to seek out the blessings and the good things God has surrounded me with.  Today I am going to look for the things I can thank Him for and thank Him for each of them!  Today I will not complain to God about my “problems”.  My worries and my questions will be silenced and I will praise Him.  Will you join me?  

“Lord, help me to see the good today.  Open my eyes to the blessings you have given me.  Forgive me for focusing so much of my attention on the negative.  Help me to see your hand in my life, in the big things as well as the small.  I thank you for defending me and for protecting me from the enemy.  Open my heart to all the ways I can praise you this day and each day to follow.  Amen”


“Sing to him; sing praises to him; tell of his wondrous works!”  1 Chronicles 16:9

No comments:

Post a Comment