Pages

Phil. 2:15-16 MSG

“Go out into the world uncorrupted, a breath of fresh air in this squalid and polluted society.
Provide people with a glimpse of good living and of the living God. Carry the light-giving Message into the night.”
Phil. 2:15-16 MSG

Monday, January 13, 2014

OBX 2011: Home

As much as we enjoyed the beach, after the week was up, we were ready to come back home.  There is such comfort in coming home when you’ve been away for an extended time.  As we were driving along, the scenery gradually began to change.  We were getting close when Randy said “you can see hills!”  The closer to home we got, the more hills we saw.  As we drove along things just kept getting more familiar.  Then the smell of the country air!  People who live in the city usually hate the smell (and they may not even know what I’m talking about!) but for those of us who live in the country, it means we’re close to home!  After a long day in the car, we finally made it!  Home welcomed us with a beautiful garden and a wagging tail!  It was good to be there.

I began to think about heaven.  The longer we walk on our journey with the Lord, the more glimpses of heaven we see.  The more familiar heaven becomes to us.  I often think about what heaven might be like, pearly gates, golden paths, singing praises to our Lord, healing, perfection, and many more things.  But until this moment in the car ride home, I never thought of heaven being comforting.  This brings about a whole new perspective of heaven for me.  When I’ve fulfilled my calling here on earth and my time is up, I look forward to all the wonders that heaven has in store.  I look forward to all the promises the Bible holds for us when we arrive.  Now though, more than anything, I look forward to feeling that comfort of my eternal home.  I know how comforting it is to be back to my earthly home, I can hardly imagine the comfort we will all feel as we enter our kingdom home!   I hope this brings for you a new way of looking at things.  I truly believe that heaven is our home, the place where we were made for, where nothing will hold us back and where the longings of the deepest part of our souls can live freely.  This journey we are all on is leading us home.  Stay the course, follow the path, and head home!

No comments:

Post a Comment