Pages

Phil. 2:15-16 MSG

“Go out into the world uncorrupted, a breath of fresh air in this squalid and polluted society.
Provide people with a glimpse of good living and of the living God. Carry the light-giving Message into the night.”
Phil. 2:15-16 MSG

Monday, January 13, 2014

A Beautiful 8 Years

Eight years ago today I put on the big, white “princess” dress my Mom helped me choose and took my Daddy’s strong arm as he led me down the aisle to marry the man I dreamed of for so long.  We met when we were 15 and maintained a friendship by writing letters for the next 3 years.  I was grateful for him to care enough to always write back.  Something about him made my heart feel at ease underneath all those teenage jitters and I told him my dreams.  This was no small task for a young girl whose heart had been hardened by life.  I learned to not trust anyone and I wasn’t sure this thing people called love was anything I would ever find.  I was almost convinced it didn’t exist.  

But that cute boy wrote back every time.  He invited me to drive the distance and come to his families parties.  He asked me to prom.  Twice.  It took two tries but the second time I went.  And from that day on he loved me with every ounce of patience, goodness and all that I didn’t deserve.  

When I fought to find proof of real love, months of unbelief and struggle within my own broken heart 
He gave me a second chance and patiently helped me trust him.

When I finally loosened the grasp on my bleeding heart and let him in
He tenderly cared for me and allowed healing and hope to take place.

When the most joyous occasion turned to the most devastating heartache
He let me lean hard on him and I knew I would never be alone.  

When I felt I failed and told him if he wanted he could go
He pulled me close and he stayed.  

When long hidden wounds seeped ugliness to the surface
He helped me give them a voice.

When we saw God’s goodness and faithfulness time and time again
He celebrated with me.  

God has used this man to help bring healing to my heart and redeem many things I thought would never be mine.  He has used him to show me a tangible glimpse of Himself.  I often write about our three vibrant children or our two heavenly babies and sometimes I write about nature or a friend.  But behind each and every one of those stories is a Godly man who supports what I do, who loves me unconditionally, who pushes me to be a better woman, who leads me closer to God, closer to himself and closer to those I love most and who chose me to share this life with.  

A beautiful 8 years of life together.  

My love,
Thank you for staying.  Thank you for choosing me.  And thank you for allowing God to love me so boldly, so powerfully through yourself.  You’ve taught me so much more than you know.  I am grateful for all the paths we’ve taken, all the tears we’ve shed, all the times we’ve fought, and for the continuous, relentless love we share.   Thank you for taking my hand 8 years ago and each day since.  
Happy Anniversary!

Wherever you find yourself today, choose to trust God one more time.  Trust Him for healing and for goodness.  Choose to love and let yourself be loved.  Because He is faithful, again and again.  

“Love …Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth, puts up with anything, trusts God always, always looks for the best, never looks back, but keeps going to the end.  Love never dies.”  1 Corinthians 13:7-8 MSG

No comments:

Post a Comment