Pages

Phil. 2:15-16 MSG

“Go out into the world uncorrupted, a breath of fresh air in this squalid and polluted society.
Provide people with a glimpse of good living and of the living God. Carry the light-giving Message into the night.”
Phil. 2:15-16 MSG

Monday, January 13, 2014

A Representative

I stayed home with the kids as my husband had to represent our family in paying our respects to a passing friend.  As he got dressed and ready to leave, I (being partial since he is my husband) noticed how good he looked.  In that moment I was thankful to be blessed with this man to represent me and the family we have together.  This led me to think of how I am representing God with my time on earth.

At any given moment if God would look upon me, would He be proud and thankful of how I am representing Him?  

“We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us.”  2 Corinthians 5:20

Ouch.

We can never attain perfection.  Jesus is the only human who could perfectly reflect the image of God and His love.  We should continue to grow ourselves deeper into a relationship with our Heavenly Father, knowing that as we do, we will also grow to more accurately represent Him.  “I press on toward the goal…“ Philippians 3:14 We need to be aware that we are His representatives, continually keeping this in the fore front of our minds and allowing it to guide our actions.

I continued to think more about representing God, how short I fall and how I long to be a better image for my Father.  In turn I was overwhelmed at the thought of who represents me.  Jesus Christ.  He took on my sin and shame as he chose to pour out his blood for me as he was nailed to the cross.  In his perfection, he humbled himself to represent me so that I could have life.

Take a moment and think about the following:

Who it is that you represent.  Is it God?  
If so, how well do you represent Him?  How much of your life reflects Him?

Think about who represents you.  Is it Jesus Christ?  
How does this make you feel?

I pray that as you take time to reflect on the idea of being and having a representative that it moves you greatly.

“Christ Jesus, who died - more than that, who was raised to life - is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us.”  Romans 8:34

“Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.”  Hebrews 12:2


No comments:

Post a Comment