Pages

Phil. 2:15-16 MSG

“Go out into the world uncorrupted, a breath of fresh air in this squalid and polluted society.
Provide people with a glimpse of good living and of the living God. Carry the light-giving Message into the night.”
Phil. 2:15-16 MSG

Monday, January 13, 2014

Renewing What We've Already Learned: A Story of Miscarriage

This week a couple very dear to our hearts suffered the loss of their unborn baby.  It has been an emotional week for our entire family as we have lifted them up in prayer, comforted them in the only ways we know how, and searched our own hearts through it.   The frailty and preciousness of this life once again becomes more clear.  The only words that have came to my mind this week have been simply “God is good”.  

Last evening, I talked to my aunt, who along with myself has also lost an unborn baby.  We talked about our feelings as this week had unfolded.  There is the sadness you feel as you watch one you love go through a pain that you know too well, there are the glimpses of feeling as though you are looking into a mirror at yourself in those moments, and on top of it all there is the “full circle” effect.  My healing came over the coarse of about five years, so some of the simple things God has done have easily got lost from my sight in those years.  But this week put things into perspective as I felt her pain and was also able to see how far God has brought me since those moments.  As I look at  my life today, I couldn’t imagine it any other way and I honestly would not change a thing.  So many blessings have came from those dark, uncertain moments that changed our lives forever.  I loved what my aunt said to me last evening as we talked.  She said “It’s about renewing what we have already learned.”  This is so true.  The God that I once trusted in because I had no other way to go, proved Himself faithful.  I gave Him all my hurt, all my fears, all my doubts, all my uncertainties and in turn He gave me healing, rest, and a peace that passes all understanding.  My devotional this morning read Romans 12:2, a verse that I have heard many times before, but now speaks so loudly to my heart.

 “Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.”   Romans 12:2

This week I have been able to renew what I already learned and I am able to prove that God is good and that His will is perfect.  Another book I read in the mornings asked these two questions:

What has God shown you in your own life about His timing…His perfect timing?

How does this sovereign power of God strike you?  Does it leave you feeling confined and hemmed in?  Or does it make you feel totally secure and at rest in His eternal purposes?

My answers to these questions are so deeply imprinted on my heart that I can barely find words to answer them.  God’s timing, although many times far from my own, is indescribably perfect.  Again all I can say is that God is good all the time.

What lessons have you already learned that may need reviewed?  In what ways is your life able to prove that God is good and that His will is perfect?  Are you living your life as a living testimony or keeping hidden what God has shown you?  Take time to reflect on these things and renew your mind, proving that God is good.

Will you take time today to lift this couple up in prayer with me:

“Lord Heavenly Father, we lift this family to You, that you may wrap them in You warm embrace.  Show them Your love, Your mercy, Your goodness and Your grace.  May they see your hand clearly guiding them along this uncertain path.  Your timing is perfect and we pray that they find this Truth for themselves.  That they may be secure and at rest in Your eternal purpose for their lives.  May they turn their hearts to you through any fear, any anger, any questions, any uncertainties and find You each time they seek You.  We pray comfort, rest and healing over their household.  May Your peace, that passes all understanding, keep their hearts and minds (Phil. 4:7).  In Jesus name we pray, Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment