Pages

Phil. 2:15-16 MSG

“Go out into the world uncorrupted, a breath of fresh air in this squalid and polluted society.
Provide people with a glimpse of good living and of the living God. Carry the light-giving Message into the night.”
Phil. 2:15-16 MSG

Monday, January 13, 2014

The Perfect Passover Lamb

I’ve read the story of the Passover (Exodus 12:1-20) before and I’ve heard it mentioned many times.  But when I read it this time I realized the symbolic meaning that it had.  Take time to read these verses before continuing.

Before going any further, also take time to read about the crucifixion (John 19:16-30).  I have heard the story of the crucifixion hundreds of time over my lifetime but each time I see it with new eyes.  Each time it holds even more power and wonder than the last.

Moses did as God asked during the Passover never knowing the ultimate significance and meaning all the details had meant.   To know that the God I serve knew in the days of Moses, as He instructed Moses with the Passover, that this would ultimately symbolize the death of His Son…think about that!  We just have no idea!!!  God weaves together this beautiful masterpiece with purpose and intention and fore-knowledge.  We get in such a rush that we often skip over His details or think they don’t matter.  Each thing He asks of us is for a reason - He knows the bigger picture!

When God instructed Moses on the Passover, it’s clear to us that our God is all-knowing.  He did not leave out one single detail from choosing the perfect lamb to the first-born son having to die.  God knew that one day, His Son, the first-born to all of us, would have to be sacrificed to save us from our sins.  His blood would need to be shed for us.  God knew long before it ever happened!  He had time to think about it, to think about you, and God knew He loved you enough to bring it to pass!  It wasn’t just a quick decision to put Christ on the cross that later God thought “boy that was a mistake, look how horrible these people are.”  No.  God knew you already.

“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made, your works are wonderful, I know that full well.  My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.  Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.”  Psalm 139:13-16

He knew you and He loved you and He pre-planned to send His Only Son, our Perfect Lamb, to shed His blood for you.  Do the doorposts of your heart have the Lamb’s blood painted on them?  I encourage you to start your journey with the Lord today.  If you have already accepted Christ into your heart and you’re at the beginning of your journey and you aren’t sure where to go - don’t give up.  Find someone around you that can help walk you through.  Open your Bible and begin reading His Word.  You may not know all the stories that those around you know - but that doesn’t matter!  I’ve heard the story of the crucifixion over and over, I’ve heard the story of the Passover many time as well, but it wasn’t until today that I put the two together in such a vivid portrait.  Start in Psalms or Proverbs, find a set of verses that speaks to you, that you understand, and read them over and over again.  What matters is that you’re putting God’s Word into your heart.  We all start somewhere, it’s never too late, you’re never too old, you’ve never done too much - the invitation is always there.  Pray the prayer of David with me

“Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions.  Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin.  For I know my transgressions, and my sin is always before me.  Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight…
Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.  Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones you have crushed rejoice.  Hide your face from my sins and blot out my iniquity. Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me…
Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.” 
Psalm 51

Then in your own words ask Christ to come into your heart and forgive you of your sins.  When your intentions are pure and your heart is honest, yes it is that easy.  God invites you to join Him and all you need to do is open your heart to accept.  Paint your heart  with the blood of the Perfect Lamb.

No comments:

Post a Comment