Pages

Phil. 2:15-16 MSG

“Go out into the world uncorrupted, a breath of fresh air in this squalid and polluted society.
Provide people with a glimpse of good living and of the living God. Carry the light-giving Message into the night.”
Phil. 2:15-16 MSG

Monday, January 13, 2014

OBX 2011: Walking Hand in Hand

It only lasted a few minutes but it was one of my favorite times on our vacation - Peyton and I were heading to the pool.  It was a time when it was just me and my boy, walking hand in hand and simply talking.  He was telling me all about some of his favorite times he had so far.  We also talked a little about what the days ahead of us had in store.  I said to him “you know Mommy loves you buddy?!” and he answered “Yes Mom!  I love you too…Mommy, I love you more than God loves you!”  I just smiled and told him that God loves us all very much.  I believe children are the closest earthly examples of God.  The Bible consistently reminds us to have a “child-like” faith.  Think of how easily children forgive, love, trust and get along with one another.  But even Peyton’s four year old heart can’t fathom God’s love.  

“May Christ through your faith dwell in your hearts!  May you be rooted deep in love and founded securely on love, that you may have the power and be strong to apprehend and grasp with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth [of it]; [That you may really come] to know [practically, through experience for yourselves] the love of Christ, which far surpasses mere knowledge [without experience]; that you may be filled unto all the fullness of God”
Ephesians 3:17-19

It was Paul’s prayer for the Ephesians that they would understand the width and length and height and depth of God’s love.  It also tells us in these above verses that the way to come to know this is “through experience”.  Are you allowing the experiences of your life reveal God’s love for you?  It’s so easy for us to grumble as circumstances arise but I encourage you to look past the negative and seek God’s love.  It is there if we are willing to look!
Someone recently shared with me a breakthrough in their own journey.  God was speaking to this person loud and clear the words “I am special and God loves me.”  He told me how much it had meant for him to realize that someone loved him no matter what.  It meant so much to me to hear this.  It was such an excellent reminder that we all need to know and experience the love God has for us.  Too often we seek to fill this place in our hearts with earthly things.  If you feel like God doesn’t love you or if you haven’t had a moment when you realize that His love for you is unfathomable, I encourage you to pray and seek His love and mercy.  

One of the most important things we can do to better understand God’s love is, just like Peyton and I had with each other, to have those walks daily with our Father.    Take time to walk hand in hand with Him.  Tell Him of how your feeling, the good and the bad.  Listen and allow Him to speak to your heart.  Tell Him of how much you love Him and as you do, He will fill you with His love for you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment