Pages

Phil. 2:15-16 MSG

“Go out into the world uncorrupted, a breath of fresh air in this squalid and polluted society.
Provide people with a glimpse of good living and of the living God. Carry the light-giving Message into the night.”
Phil. 2:15-16 MSG

Monday, January 13, 2014

Singing Over You

I have a favorite lullaby I have always sang to my baby girl about a caterpillar and a butterfly.  I had always wondered if she would ever learn it for herself and sing it to her children.  The other night as I was rocking her, I began to sing a different song to her.  Her eyes quickly opened and she said “sing butterfly fly away Mommy”.  My heart melted in that rocking chair because I realized that she found comfort in that special song I have been singing over her for two years!  I began to sing it to her and her eyes gently went back shut.  A few moments later she requested that I sing the caterpillar part.  She even recognized that too!  I sang the song over and over as she laid peacefully in my arms and drifted off to sleep.

I sat there looking at my little girl while thinking about the song and the special moment we had that evening.  My heart was overflowing with love.  I thought of God and the songs that He sings over each of us.  I ask you to take some time to sit quietly and think about what it is God has been singing over you.  It could be a song of beauty, forgiveness, love, peace, mercy, grace, newness, rest, joy….

Whatever the song, it is unique and individual to only you.  Take comfort in knowing that.  Rest in His arms and just allow Him to sing that song over you and fill you up with all that you’re so desperately needing to hear.  Oh how I pray that you get this and allow it sink deep within your soul!  Take time to sit quietly before the Lord and wait on Him.  As you hear His voice in your spirit singing over you, take in each and every word and allow it to nourish your soul.  Then, just as I had hoped for my girl, begin to recognize the song for yourself and believe it’s every word.  Hopefully someday you will pass your song on and begin to know it and live it.  And as you do, how proud of you your Father will be!


“I ran away from your love, but you waited for me, yes, you waited for me.
And then I heard your song, singing over me, singing over me.
Now that I hear you Lord, I want to know you more, I want to know you more.
Sing your song to me.  Oh, there’s no greater thing than to listen to the sound of your voice.
When I hear your song, I want to sing along and listen to the sound of your voice, the sound of your voice.
Lord, I’m calling your name and I’m waiting for you, yes, I’m waiting for you. 
So wont your show me your way and I will follow you.  Yes I will follow you.
Singing over me, bringing peace and mercy with a song that never ends.
Singing over me, marvelous and holy, Lord, I want to hear your song again.”

“Sound of Your Voice” by Third Day

No comments:

Post a Comment