Pages

Phil. 2:15-16 MSG

“Go out into the world uncorrupted, a breath of fresh air in this squalid and polluted society.
Provide people with a glimpse of good living and of the living God. Carry the light-giving Message into the night.”
Phil. 2:15-16 MSG

Saturday, December 5, 2015

Written For One


Every child has a favorite place: a fort, a tree house, a back yard, a park, a swing, a pool and while I had many good memories of each of these, my favorite place was my uncle’s lap.  I spent much of my childhood there drawing and learning and listening.  It was there that I’d write books and he would draw in the illustrations.  There was always a way that my story would come to life when he’d draw.  He’d draw the silliest things, people with too-big ears or too-big noses, never the way I pictured it in my mind.  But always just right, always to make my heart fill with laughter and joy.  
 We often don’t notice God’s hand in our lives until we look back. 


Looking back now, I can see time after time when God nourished that seed He planted within me so long ago.  Times when the ground of my heart was tilled and unearthed and the hard-stone was removed to make room for the growing.  Moments of spiritual drought and some of flooding.  Times when the “push through” didn’t come so easily and the harvest seemed lost.  But there was never a time when goodness wasn’t made of the broken, never a time when God’s hand wasn’t faithfully weaving His purpose and guiding my way until that particular seed came to bear fruit…


SHE BLED is a part of my story. 
    A part of my story that I have merely written, but one that He has brought life into.
                …one that I pray will allow others to seek Him in their own story and find life among the ashes. 
    A part of my story that I never expected to look as it does, but one that fills my heart with   absolute joy. 
                …one that I pray will give others the hope of finding joy again in their own messy, beautiful story.


More importantly, it is part of His stories.
The times when Jesus walked this earth and showed us just who He is and what He is capable of.
                …not a painted bright white image, not a religious set of requirements, or a false opinion of a lofty Christian.
   The story of His eternal plan of redemption, one of restoration, that would defy the limits of time.
                …all because His was the greatest act of love ever to be known and it was done with each of us in mind. 


I set out with the promise that I would write this book for one.   Over and over through the months of writing I have reminded myself of that promise, I have picked up and started again because of that promise, but it wasn’t until the book was published and on its way to my door step that I realized exactly what that promise meant.  
I promised to write it for one:   
for one heart to change and find Jesus, find healing, would be enough and would be worth it. 
But I realized my promise all along was that I would write it for ONE:
for the One God to use as He sees fit to reach a world [or one] in need of His Truth.


I have done what I promised to do: I wrote SHE BLED for One.
The rest is up to Him.
I celebrate a dream that has become a reality in authoring a book, and prayerfully more to come.                   
But I am not the real Author.  I am simply a chosen hand to pen these chosen words and walk a chosen path that leads to One.

“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.  For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows.”
2 Corinthians 1:3-5


“No amount of impossibility can be weighed against His desire to heal His people.” p57

Copies of SHE BLED may be ordered by clicking HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment