Pages

Phil. 2:15-16 MSG

“Go out into the world uncorrupted, a breath of fresh air in this squalid and polluted society.
Provide people with a glimpse of good living and of the living God. Carry the light-giving Message into the night.”
Phil. 2:15-16 MSG

Friday, February 14, 2014

Love Stories

I’ve been a wreck this week.  Somehow I keep coming across the most heart-breaking, awe-inspiring stories that have simply reminded me of just how fragile this life is.  It is brief, it is uncontrollable, it is so far beyond us.  Yet it is glorious, it is beautiful and all together magnificent.  It breaks us, bends us, molds us and shapes us, all while defining us.


At the sound of His voice it began.

          “And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.” Genesis 1:3

At His breathe the seasons turn.

          “…he breathes on winter - suddenly it’s spring!”  Psalm 147:16-18 MSG

And His Love is displayed.

“O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!”  Psalm 8:1,9



This week started with a YouTube video of Eric Ludy’s “The Gospel”.  It is a video that is a bold reminder of who we are and Whose we are.  It is one that, if you allow the words to sink in, will absolutely wreck your life for Him.

“I’m sending you out to be a victor.  My children will not lose…I will come in and make my home, I will take those hands of yours and make them my hands, I will take those feet of yours and make them my feet, I will take that mouth of yours and it will speak my words, I will take those eyes of yours and  they can now see what I need you to be seeing in this world.  And I will take your heart of stone and make it a heart of flesh so that it will beat with my burdens and you will care for the very things that I care about.  And your prayers would become my prayers.  And your life and your attitude and your behavior, every minute of every day will become the very behavior of God.  
Will you allow Me to overtake your life?  Cause then we go into this world as little lambs with the faces of lions because the living God Almighty, the Consuming Almighty Sovereign God dwells within His children
…His lambs beat the wolf packs.





Later in the week I read a story of a Canadian father whose wife was declared brain dead when she was 22 weeks pregnant with their first child.  Through life support, the baby was able to remain in the womb and Dylan Benson welcomed his sweet boy into the world as he said goodbye to his wife.





“Every beat of your heart was a measure of love…” is what this Mama said to her newborn son who, being expected to never make it outside the womb, survived 10 days wrapped in the love of his family.





And a friend shared this video with the words “Meditate on that for awhile…The Uncreated One…”  It’s one worth thinking long and hard about.





And just this morning I read a story about Noelle Pikus-Pace, a skeleton athlete who is in the position to earn a medal in Sochi, whose commitment to her family and ability to turn tragedy into triumph is incredible.





So there I sat across our dining room table sharing my heart with my husband.  My heart that resembles our table - that’s scarred and worn and filled with memories of tragedy and triumph too and grace and love and will.  I shared the stories I had heard, I shared the story of my now, we shared our stories of our past.  Stories that wreck and stories that inspire.  My heart that was trying to understand all the pain and all the joy and how it can all live right here together on this earth, in our lives, in our hearts.


And he looked at my tear stained face with just a few words he  turned every wandering thought into complete adoration of our King:

We don’t get it.  Jesus died on the cross for us and nothing compares to that.  
We can’t understand it. 

So I go back to the beginning.  Because I was condemned.  I was separated.  I was guilty.

And I now I am justified.  
                             Forgiven.  
                                    Redeemed. 
                                             Set free.  

Because of Christ’s blood.  

Because of His Love.  

And there is no greater love story than that of our King.  

How are you measuring love this Valentines Day?  Because He is pouring it out, even in the darkest of places.   His love brings light and His light brings life.  His life overcomes the grave because He is the Uncreated One whose love is unfailing and whose promise is eternal.  His Righteous Hand writes our stories and they are stories worth telling.  Because in the end, they all lead back to our beginning.  They all lead back to Him.  And He.defines.us.

No comments:

Post a Comment